Monday, May 18, 2009

Accident or Injuries

Last Sunday, I was met with group of friends and they show me some of the injuries they suffer from the accident or we called it injuries cause by criminal activities.

Here it is:

Does it looks painful?

Never ask me why the wounds are still expose and didn't apply any bandages. Because it never need to do so.

It is a low cost production.

The photos were shot during the Casualty Simulation course at a secondary school. This course is one of the skills and practical class for St. John Ambulans Malaysia members. Or we called it cadet proficiency badge.

I was asked to conduct this course for my school or division members that allows them to have a demostration during Teacher's Day.

Allow me to explain a little regarding the Casualty Simulation. Casualty Simulation main and only purpose is to create a look-real wounds and injuries for the members to see (observation) & practise (scenario / mock case) before giving the correct treatment. This will allows the members to have an exposure on how the injuries the patient or casualty of the accident may suffer. Then, we will have to proceed for primary survey (secondary survey may take place as well) and provide the suitable treatment for the injuries.

Back in time, I was first expose to this course in 1998 during the National Cadet Camp held in Kuala Woh, Tapah, Perak (organised by St. John Ambulans Malaysia). The first time, I applied cosmetic / makeup on others' face. A good and unforgettable experience.

Then, 1999, our area organised the same course for our members. (However, the production cost is even lower than what I did recently...^o^)

p/s: I have two certificate for this proficiency badge.

In the year 2005, another time I participated at Ipoh, our State HQ. This time, I learn more than the previous. (Maybe because of the age and knowledge is better than the younger period) It fills up the empty and lost info I learned previously. Example, how to make a cut, bleeding, burn, shock, fracture and etc effects.

However, makeup is one type of art. Those art related field & topic are always make an equal mark with money or cost. The better effect you want, the more money you need to spend for your tools. Especially when you want to make your 'art' as real as the actual, the cost will growth faster than the stock market. (Practise never make perfect, as before you can make it perfect, your wallet already surrender)

This is another simulation, finger amputation.

No comments: