Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3D modeling project

Time passing fast, it was a year ago when I created the 3D models for my Uni project. It was a fun subject, I learn a lots especially in the animation history & technology. A 2 hours 3D animation show, it consumed and cost thousand & thousand hours from the planning till final production to movie.



















These two characters are my project model. They are ants. Of course, not so nice compared to the professional animators' works.

Just to create these two characters, it takes me about 2 days. (First time doing this, consider very fast already). Later, these two characters have been 're-generated' many many just like Matrix to incorporate into a series of storyboard.

During the whole process, I feel very happy that we are given the chance to expose to 3D animation. (FYI, I'm the first batch of students who start & having the 3D animation subject & class)

Unfortunately, happy hour ended fast. Just about one month we were hand-ons to the animation. Eventhough it is only a Uni project, but I think there is more & more improvement space that we can do it better.

Software is a magic. The more you practise, the more secrets you can found out. 'There is no one who can 100% fully manage & using a software program even the creator / programmer himself.' This might be true, as more we touch on the program, there are always alternative ways to done up the project especially graphic & animation.

But, do we need to be perfect user since the program itself may also incomplete?

No comments: